My Etsy Shop: Miss M Handmade

Friday 25 July 2014

Lino block, ceramics and photoshop!

A new semester has arrived and we are already well into it!  I really love lino block printing and am trying to do a complicated reduction print.  It is hard to keep in mind the sequence of colours that will be printed and carve accordingly.




This image is inspired by damask patterning, Chinese flowers and  the Victorian urge to explore and collect specimens.  Somehow the Victorians managed to imbue a quite macabre pursuit with elegance and civilization.


The below photos show my carving efforts at college today!  I am testing out techniques to work on a much larger ceramic piece.  Inspired by dress and costume.



This test tile is sgraffito, white slip over terracotta.


And this evening, for something completely different, I am learning photoshop. This is my first piece, transforming three photos.  Simply fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment