My Etsy Shop: Miss M Handmade

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Print making



I have really enjoyed my print making classes this year and have learnt such a lot.  I particularly like lino block printing for the strong graphic quality.  I think the process is more accessible for me to.  Although intaglio printing is very interesting, I can't see myself happily handling acid bath etching at home!  Below is a print from a reduction block I carved some months ago.  This print was was made over a stencil pattern using acrylic.. I rather like how the underlying paint embosses the print.



Today I began printing my series about the story of Alice in Wonderland.  This is the White Rabbit looking a little stressed!




I love Alice in Wonderland and these prints will be a lot of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment